About Me

My photo
Carrabassett Valley, ME, United States
I'm Craig Marshall, an 18 year old ski racer traveling the country in an effort to qualify for the United States Ski Team.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Nor-Ams Can Be No Fun

The first day of the Nor-Am series wasn't bad. I certainly didn't ski well, but I finished and was in a respectable position. The past two have been much less fun. I hiked in the first run of the Slalom at Loveland, and did not qualify for the second run. So we watched the second run (which is still quite fun) and then hopped in the car and killed the awesome drive over to Aspen. Unfortunately, once we got here and settled in I started to feel a little cold coming on. It happens a lot, my head gets really congested, I have no energy, and get chilled very easily. But I felt ok this morning, and warm-up felt good. But after sitting around and waiting for my number (85) to get called, I started to feel it a little bit again. I went on with the run, and was skiing ok before losing a ski about halfway down the course. I was frustrated, but qualifying for the second run turned out to be quite difficult, so I may not have made it anyway. Almost a month of skiing without much rest is starting to wear on me, physically and mentally, so I'm pretty excited to get back on the road and get to my new home, California. But there's another race tomorrow, and I'm going to try my best to get fired up for it.

1 comment:

  1. Do your best, Craig. You have a lot of people rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete