About Me

My photo
Carrabassett Valley, ME, United States
I'm Craig Marshall, an 18 year old ski racer traveling the country in an effort to qualify for the United States Ski Team.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Going Back to Cali

After another tough day at Aspen racing Nor-Ams on tuesday, we packed up and did the 6 hour drive to Provo, Utah, where we spent the night. I started to feel really sick, with what I discovered today was an ear infection and strep throat, so that night was pretty miserable. The next day, we completed the boring drive through Nevada and into California, the final destination of an epic journey from coast to (almost) coast. I arrived here at about 7:30, to the winter home of James Clifford, who was nice enough to let me crash here for the next week-long rest/training block before our races at Jackson Hole on Wednesday. I got a ton of stuff done today, including getting a haircut that I was originally much more skeptical about than I am now, seeing the doctor and getting antibiotics, and attempting to get my phone and windshield fixed. I visited the academy for the first time, which to my surprise, is very much at the top of a mountain. Tomorrow will include much of the same, with some ski tuning and more rest before getting back on the hill on saturday. I'm really excited about spending the winter here, its an awesome town with awesome people. Also, the rest of my favorite kiwis are arriving tomorrow! I haven't seen the Prebbles in 2 and a half months so I'm really excited for our reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment