About Me

My photo
Carrabassett Valley, ME, United States
I'm Craig Marshall, an 18 year old ski racer traveling the country in an effort to qualify for the United States Ski Team.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I know I'm from the East, but I still don't like the cold.

The temperature has been dropping progressively the past 4 days and today was probably the coldest. The good thing about it is the snow holding up better, but the bad thing about it is the frozen toes and hands, my least favorite thing about ski racing. And the california guys who I'm skiing with think for some reason that because I'm from the east I like the cold, but this is totally untrue.
Today was our last day at Copper before moving over to Loveland for the National Development Camp that starts on monday. We ended up with 4 days of Slalom and 4 days of GS, and the last few have been extremely productive. I've been working on my consistency in both events, trying to eliminate the bad turns that ruin runs, but I'm certainly linking up some really good turns. I feel really good about the faster sections that I'm putting together but skiing on the ice at Loveland will certainly be the real test. Excited for a day off tomorrow! Hopefully I'll have better internet in my new place and I can post more consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment