About Me

My photo
Carrabassett Valley, ME, United States
I'm Craig Marshall, an 18 year old ski racer traveling the country in an effort to qualify for the United States Ski Team.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Nor-Am



So I had my inaugural Nor-Am today in one of the toughest races of the year, the Loveland Slalom. I started 96, which is the farthest back I've started in a long time, but luckily the hill is in awesome shape so the track wasn't much of a factor. I had a few pretty costly bobbles (as always), especially the one at the bottom, right before the flat (that I crawled across). I was 51st going into the second run (only 60 qualify, so I was happy to make it) and I skied much better, but still with a few mistakes. I ended up 32nd, which is respectable despite how far out I was. But, when you're racing against world cup racers like Marcel Hirscher, Mike Janyk, and Nolan Kasper, it's tough to score. I had a lot of fun, something that I wasn't expecting. It's exciting racing against unbelievable skiers like those guys, and to have a feeling that you can sort of hang with them is pretty exciting. The last week of my Colorado trip has been nice, with a few really relaxing days off and a wonderful thanksgiving, but I'm really stoked to head to Aspen and race then continue on to California. Well I've got a lot of packing and other menial tasks to do, so I'm going to sign off, but I'll let you know how tomorrow goes once we arrive in Aspen.

I was stoked to see a few old friends today, Jo Morrison and Becca Nadler. I also promised shout outs to a couple of Holderness friends, Colton and Lily. Remember Colton, do the opposite of what your instincts tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment