About Me

My photo
Carrabassett Valley, ME, United States
I'm Craig Marshall, an 18 year old ski racer traveling the country in an effort to qualify for the United States Ski Team.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow King SL

So the last few days have been full of ups and downs. I ended up scoring on sunday, the first one of the season and first for a while in slalom. I was excited to ski even faster yesterday, I had a good start position, and felt like I knew what I needed to do to get an even better result. I was having sort of a rough run when I came into a hairpin at the bottom in an off balance position and way off the line. I clipped the double gate with one of my tips, flipped over the front, and tumbled for a few seconds. In the process of that tumble, I twisted my right ankle and shin really badly. At first I thought the pain would be temporary, but when it persisted and intensified, I started to worry more and more. We had X-rays done, and thankfully I didn't break anything (although I was very close), I just sprained my ankle and have a ton of swelling on my shin. Although this is quite an unlucky event, I was really lucky that I didn't end my season. I'm in the airport now getting ready to board a plane back home for races that I thought I was going to do starting thursday, but that's in serious jeopardy at the moment. Hopefully I'll heal up for the slaloms this weekend but I'm not sure at the moment. Despite all of this bad news, I'm really excited to see everyone at home and have some time to slow down and rest. Below is the footage from the first slalom, I was finally able to upload it. So I'm going to hobble down onto the plane now and try to suffer through the pain for a few hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment