About Me

My photo
Carrabassett Valley, ME, United States
I'm Craig Marshall, an 18 year old ski racer traveling the country in an effort to qualify for the United States Ski Team.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snow King Crash

I arrived home last night at about 12:30 and crawled into my bed for the first time since October, certainly a welcome comfort after a day of travel. I slept late this morning, then headed down to Farmington for a few doctors appointments. First we saw a physical therapist, who confirmed our suspicion that my left leg was shorter and weaker (for some strange reason) than my right, even with the new injury to the right. We then moved on to a chiropractor who dove deeper into the problem, and found that my back and pelvis are misaligned, which seems to be the root of many technical issues that I've been having. He tweaked a few things and thinks that over a short period of time he can get my legs to be the same length, which would help make everything easier. Unfortunately, due to this work and the state of my leg, it doesn't look like I'll be racing this weekend, despite my confidence in my ability to compete. I have to listen to my coach, the doctors, and most of all my dad, no matter how much I don't want to. So it looks like I'll be gatekeeping tomorrow, which will be great because I can get some ticket vouchers to use later on in christmas vacation. It'll be a much different perspective to a ski race, which I'm pretty excited about. Below is the footage from the crash the other day, it's not graphic at all but you can definitely see how I messed myself up.

1 comment:

  1. hey craig! your videos are still private so we can't see them!

    ReplyDelete