About Me

My photo
Carrabassett Valley, ME, United States
I'm Craig Marshall, an 18 year old ski racer traveling the country in an effort to qualify for the United States Ski Team.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snow King SL 1

So I didn't feel much like posting yesterday, not much went well the entire day, ending with one of the most dramatic crashes I've ever had. Moving on to good news, the slalom training yesterday afternoon was good and then the race today went really well. I started 3rd, which is not only my lucky number but a very advantageous start position in snow like today. I had probably the best slalom run of my life in the first run, with only one major bobble and some very fast turns the rest of the way. I was 4th after that run, and I was determined to not only score but get onto the podium and win one of the awesome plaques that they give out. I didn't ski very well second run though, and ended up fifth but still with a score. It's amazing how much better it feels to do well like I did as opposed to the last few days, yet I feel extremely motivated to do even better tomorrow. I'll try to get some more race video on here along with the fastest skiers of the day. After the race tomorrow, I'll head down to Salt Lake City for a flight on tuesday back home. I'm really excited to see my everybody at Sugarloaf and even more excited to race there!

And an interesting perspective on the latest world cup venue...http://nymansworld.blogspot.com/2010/12/tough-on-eyes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment