About Me

My photo
Carrabassett Valley, ME, United States
I'm Craig Marshall, an 18 year old ski racer traveling the country in an effort to qualify for the United States Ski Team.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sweet Training at Sugar Bowl

The weather the last few days has been unbelievable, with moderate temperatures and unrelenting sunshine. Because of this, the training has been great. Yesterday we had an early morning GS session, which went ok considering I was on a new pair of skis, a new cant setup, and hadn't been skiing very well at all while at home. We finished with a little bit of fun (but really competitive) start timing, which was a nice change from the same old stuff. After a little workout and some treatment for my back, I came back and tried to rest in the afternoon. This morning we trained some slalom on a watered surface, which turned out great after a cold night. I skied the best slalom I've ever skied, and feel really confident now about where my slalom skiing is, especially compared to the GS. We did another light workout and then came back to work on some skis, and once again, try to rest my tired body. The sun definitely takes it out of me, which I've learned can be remedied with an extreme amount of water. But I'm confident that after a good day tomorrow and then a rest day traveling I'll feel better. So I'm going to go and cook some dinner (or try to) and then probably pass out. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment