About Me

My photo
Carrabassett Valley, ME, United States
I'm Craig Marshall, an 18 year old ski racer traveling the country in an effort to qualify for the United States Ski Team.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Few College Races

So the last few days were my first collegiate races, here in Park City, Utah. Let's just say they didn't go as wel as I had hoped. The fields were extremely stacked, (bib numbers of 54 and 73) the snow in the GS was horrible, and the Slalom hill was extremely tough. Besides all that, it was certainly good experience for the FIS Elite series here the next four days. I had some good sections in the GS, especially in the second run before I lost a ski in a gnarly hole. In the Slalom today I struggled on the pitch, but got some good turns going on the flat section before missing a gate over a bit of terrain. Tomorrow was supposed to be Slalom, but due to a bad surface at Snowbird, we may run GS at Park City. The fields should be weaker the next few days, which means better start numbers and more charging, which I prefer. So hopefully I'll have some better news tomorrow or the next day, but I probably won't be in the mood if the news is bad. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment